“What would you do if you could do anything in the world?” Theresa Turner’s son asked. Without a moment’s hesitation, she replied that she would teach overseas again. Eight weeks later, she found herself in northern Iraq, spending weekends with a widow’s family in a local village. The Kurdish Bike is a fictionalized narrative of her challenges adapting to a paternalistic society, where women die in “honor killings” and mutilation is commonplace — an unforgettable story told with compassion, humor and grace.
- Paperback and e-Book: 324 pages
- Publisher: Alesa Lightbourne (July 19, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0692758100
- ISBN-13: 978-0692758106 / ASIN: B01IOPBT3Y
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.8 x 8 inches
- Gold Medal, Best Regional eBook 2017, Independent Publishers Book Awards
- First Place, Best Fiction of 2017, North Street Book Contest
The Kurdish Bike is available at independent bookstores and online:
- Paperback $16.95 (323 pages), available through Amazon.com, or ask for it at your local book store or public library
- Kindle / e-book $9.95
The Kurdish Bike is represented by Paula Munier of Talcott Notch Literary Services.